Equitable Transportation Initiatives in the Denver Region Grant Fund
Grant guidelines for 2017 will be released in early April of 2017.
The MHC Grant Fund offers small grants for effective, inclusive approaches to building healthy and prosperous transit-oriented communities and ensuring equity and opportunity for low-income communities, communities of color and other under-resourced communities in the Denver Metro Region. We seek to fund efforts that will contribute to Mile High Connects’ 2017 Work Plan and Priority Areas:
- Equitable Transit Oriented Development: Affordable Housing and Community Facilities
- Accessible Transit: Affordable Fares and Meaningful Service Routes
- Equitable Transit Oriented Development: Business, Local Workforce and Middle Skilled Jobs
- Accessible Transit: First and Last Mile Connections
Specifically, MHC is interested in projects that enable under-resourced residents to engage in advocacy and take action with solutions to transit equity issues, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring affordable housing and community amenities near transit stops address the needs and provide opportunities for those most underserved in that community
- Offering innovative programs that enable individuals to take advantage of job opportunities in developing and redeveloping transit areas
- Promoting affordable bus and light rail fares for low-income riders and students
- Preserving bus service routes that provide critical connections to jobs, school, health care appointments and other services
- Establishing and improving safe connections (connected and intact sidewalks, bike routes, pedestrian bridges, ADA-accessible amenities, addressing safety concerns, etc.) to and from transit stops and destinations
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about the application process? Click here for FAQs.
History of The Grant Fund
With a generous three-year grant from the Convergence Partnership Innovation Fund, MHC established the grant fund in 2013. The Convergence Innovation Fund is a national collaboration of foundations and organizations that support multi-field collaborative partnerships focused on innovative approaches to promoting healthy, equitable communities through policy and environmental changes. However, Mile High Connects is committed to the work made possible by the Grant Fund and continues to offer these funding opportunities in the years following the investment by the Convergence Partnership.