Quality health care, good jobs and top schools are at the foundation of a vibrant life. And yet, for many in our community a lack of public transit can limit their access to these important resources. Mile High Connects wants to change that.
Mile High Connects is committed to ensuring that existing and future transit service by RTD, including the FasTracks expansion, enables all people to connect to the opportunities that can lead to a more affordable and better quality life. Mile High Connects will help ensure that public transit links people to the places they live, work, learn and play in a safe, convenient and affordable manner.
The Migh High Connects Mission Statement
The Mile High Connects mission is to ensure that the Metro Denver regional transit system fosters communities that offer all residents the opportunity for a high quality of life.
Mile High Connects will realize this vision by:
- Increasing resources to build affordable, inclusive communities along the transit system.
- Influencing policy to ensure that all people are involved and considered in urban and economic planning.
- Increasing resident engagement in neighborhoods directly affected by the expanding transit system.
- Leveraging the existing and expanding transit system to link affordable housing with jobs, schools and health services.
- Working to make the entire public transit system more accessible to residents of the Denver regionís lowest income communities.
Download our fact sheet here